Monday 22 December 2008

Tarta de Santiago

It's a bit like Bakewell tart, but without icing. Just a simple dusting of icing sugar over a pastry crust, stencil decorated with the cross of Saint James. Very nice.

The weather has been fantastic and the forecast still looks good, so I'm staying put for a few more days. May leave after Christmas. Cheap(ish) accomodation is available. I can save money here to get me back to Granada for a brief visit before heading to Alicante.

I have a stinking cold, but my new coat is well cosy. Think my new hat is staying with me for a few years at least. New image works well on the cash making front. Two sketches sold yesterday before I had finished them. Going to try a few small watercolours today with a panoramic 3 Meter sketch in a new pitch this afternoon. Nice square at the back of the cathedral. Few pwoplw around, but it should still be good enough to pay for bed and food today.

No comments: