Sunday 11 May 2014

Occupation of a public space without permission.

€300 fine and everything confiscated for trying to do my job.

I was just sketching a scene for a client by their request. I had spoken with police previously. I went to the townhall did all the paper work. But, this morning I was charged, taken to the police station. Everything confiscated (I am down to the clothes I wear) and told to leave Ibiza, and that if I don't pay taxes in Spain I have no right to be here. All this despite the fact I have raised almost €200,000 for charities in Spain.

I am going straight back to work and to court. I will try contacting local papers tomorrow. Not sure how to go about this, but I am sick to death of being criminalised for being an artist. Fuck you Policia Local - I am up for a fight!


No comments: