Tuesday 15 February 2011

Costa Brava - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Except the ugly isn’t really ugly. Is it?
The photographs I post here will hopefully explain the way I see The Costa Brava. Explain what I see as a very misunderstood cultural phenomenon of 20th Century Spain – the sand, sea and sun boom of the Costas.
I explored the coast from Portbou close to the French border as far south as Sant Feliu de Guixols passing along wide open beaches, urbanisations, modern holiday complexes, quaint fishing villages (boring! Leave them to the English. They need real ales in real pirates bars with real fish and chips to be any good) and the many ‘unseen’ small towns that service the seasonal holiday industry.
Some of the photographs will hopefully portray conventional beauty. Some will probably offend the tourism industry! Some may just look mad to most. The mad will be my favourites.

No comments: