Tuesday 27 January 2009

Explanation.

I am a British Artist walking around Spain following lesser known pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela raising money for childrens’ charities in Spain and the UK. Each time I reach Santiago de Compostela charities receive donations pledged by readers of my blog online and from corporate sponsors. I have to pay my way by selling sketches and receiving donations myself to pay for food, drink, new boots and socks! Anything I may need to help me reach my destination.

Route 1: Granada to Santiago via Merida, Salamanca, Leon and PonferradaCompleted September 21st 2008 – December 24th 2008

Route 2: Alicante to Santiago via Albacete, Toledo, Salamanca and Ourense
Start Date: February 2009

Route 3: Barcelona to Santiago

Route 4: San Sebastian to Santiago

In total I will walk over 4000KM and hopefully raise around €40,000 for charity.

If you would like to offer support you can donate to myself, buy a sketch, make a pledge online via my blog, or just give me a cigarette!

If you run a business and have a website, a small donation will ensure a link from this blog. A full list of links to sites from people who have given support will be posted at a later date.

Thank you.

About Me
With a work background in Advertising and Brand Development, I have exhibited as a photographer for almost 20 years. In Spring 2005 I moved to Spain to pursue a career as a fulltime artist. I now live in Granada.

Born in Birmingham, England and raised in a small village on the borders of Wales and England, I have lived, worked and exhibited in London, New York and Berlin before moving to Spain – a country I love.

Forthcoming books and exhibitions in Barcelona and London will document my experiences as an itinerant artist pilgrim. My blog will eventually build to become an online guide to pilgrim routes and feature video, photo-documentaries, interviews, sketches, paintings and other art based projects.


You can pledge a donation online here: http://www.sponsorformsonline.co.uk/TheLostPhotographer.asp

You are not being asked to pay at this time. The email address you give will not be passed on to any 3rd party. When I reach Santiago de Compostela you will be contacted with details and instructions of how to pay the charities chosen directly via a secure online payment system, or via post.

No comments: