Saturday 27 March 2010

Semana Santa?

I think it starts tomorrow.

Everyone told me today would be busy. It's no different to any other weekend I have known in Santiago so far this year. Wet, cold and a distinct lack of art buying tourists.

"You will have trouble finding a bed" they said. Cheaper this weekend than they were last weekend.

Worst of all, the wind has switched. It's a very cold North Easterly that suggest no change in weather for days.

FFS! JUST ONE SINGLE FUCKING DRY WEEKEND IS ALL I FUCKING WELL NEED! I'VE BEEN HERE ALMOST THREE MONTHS NOW, AND NOT HAD ONE FUCKING SINGLE WEEKEND WITHOUT RAIN.

I'm close to praying and going to church. If anyone reading here hadn't worked it out; I'm not a believer, but, hey! You know what? If prayer, and hanging onto hope is an easier option than actually dealing with reality I may well give it a go. Can't do any more harm than taking drugs to escape for a while. Can it?

Nah. Fuck it. I'm gonna buy a bottle of wine and find some pills instead. I will deal with reality tomorrow.

Will I ever get to Laxe?

No comments: