Thursday 21 October 2010

Some Policia Local Are Actually OK.

My erm... 'relationship' with police has proved to be only 2nd most influencial hazzard to the weather on this adventure (an adventure which may well end soon!).

On the whole, generally, blah, blah, blah... they've been OK. One horrible experience in Granada that shook me up big time. I've got used to the attitude of most - they're only really there to impress rich tourists. It's the truth. They're employed to protect business interests above all else and tourism is THE business in Spain.

However, occassionally you meet good guys in uniform. Today was one of those days. Good advice. Good information. Friendly approach. Extremely diplomatic.

I'm just €10 short of a new passport. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! Possibly.

We'll see. I've been this close before.

No comments: