Friday, 31 October 2008

Dognammit! More Rain :(

And, the forecast doesn't look to hot.

I'm on a total rain avoidance plan. There is no decision to be made. I'm staying in Salamanca until there's a decent break in the weather. Hiking in the cold and wet isn't what I want to do. Not a bad thing. The longer I stay here, the more people I get to know and the more chance of picking up commissions. There's also someone here I would like to get to know a bit better. Seems as soon as I give up on one lost cause I'm eagerly chasing the next. A big part of me wants to settle down and stop moving, but it's not as big as the part that says 'keep on travelling'.

Even in the stinking weather I'm managing to make more than enough to pay for bed and essentials here. There are far worse places to endure the rains. Think I'm looking at moving on by Wednesday at the earliest unless I have an exceptionally good weekend. If anywhere can come up with an exceptionally good weekend cash wise in bad weather, then I suspect it's Salamanca.

Thanks for all the comments. It's nice to know people are reading even if I'm just blogging for my own memories as much as anything. When the sun comes back I'll start posting some decent photographs and links to video interviews.


The Itinerant said...

Please keep up the blog! I am hooked and want to read more.

Deborah said...

I think it is WONDERFUL that you're able to sell your art to finance your Camino!

Any chance you can post some of it so we can see your talent?